Spathe is currently searching for a Network Engineer to join our team.
Spathe Systems is a rapidly growing SOF led, 8(a) defense contractor headquartered in Tampa, FL with offices in Fayetteville, NC and strategic partner locations in Virginia Beach and Coronado. As a small business with a tight knit family feel, Spathe empowers its employees to solve problems and make decisions.
The Network Engineer (NE) performs tier three network support in accordance with the SIE OPORD. Network Engineers must be detail-oriented and have in-depth knowledge of networking hardware and software. Extensive experience in areas such as network design and implementation, LAN/WAN interfacing, security, Internet protocols and TCP/IP, as well as server and network infrastructure is required. Candidates for the NE tests and analyzes elements of network facilities, including power, software, security features, communications devices, communications lines, modems, and terminals and is responsible for the overall integration of the enterprise network. The NE is also responsible for planning, modeling, simulation, design, installation, maintenance, management and coordination of the network. The NE monitors and controls the performance and status of network resources by using software and hardware tools, as well as by identifying and diagnosing complex problems and factors affecting network performance. The NE keeps his or her technical skills updated and studies vendor products to determine those which best meet the Government’s needs. The NE provides guidance and direction for junior network support technicians.
Typical duties include:
● Engineering enterprise data, voice and video networks
● Establishing and operating network test facilities
● Maintaining a secure transfer of data to multiple locations via internal and external networks
● Working with vendors, the Government, carriers, and technical staff on network implementation, optimization and ongoing management
● Providing high-level support and technical expertise in networking technology, including LAN/WAN hardware, switches, bridges and routers
Position ID: PS348NEG, PS366NEG, and PS3109NE-PS3112NE
Software Powered by iCIMS